The baseball team fell short at the Region XIII Division II Baseball Tournament. They defeated Williston St. 4-3, then fell to Bismarck St. 8-6 and lost to Southest CC 7-8. The Blue Knights played well in defeat. They collected 41 hits and only committed one error during the tournament. They finish as the Region XIII Runners Up.
DCTC 4 Williston St. 3
- Dakota County Technical College jumped out to an early lead over Williston State and took home a 4-3 victory on Friday.
- THe Blue Knights captured the lead in the second inning. DCTC scored one run when Anthony Bobrowski singled with one out in the second inning.
- Bryndyn Shipquist earned the win for DCTC. He went nine innings, giving up three runs, eight hits, and striking out 11.
- DCTC collected ten hits. Nolan Baier, Bobrowski, and Tyler Haley each collected multiple hits. Haley and Bobrowski each drove in two runs. The Blue Knights didn't commit a single error in the field. Caleb Zoda had the most chances in the field with 13.
DCTC 6 Bismarck St. 8
- Even though DCTC and Bismarck State College both had their opportunities, it was BSC that eventually prevailed 8-6 on Friday. The game was tied at six with Bismarck State College batting in the bottom of the third when Ty Oakland doubled off of Joel Virshek, driving in two runs.
- Despite the loss, the Blue Knights did collect 13 hits in the high-scoring affair. Unfortunately, BSC had 12 hits on the way to victory.
- The Blue Knights captured the lead in the first inning. Caleb Zoda homered on the first pitch of the at bat in the first inning, scoring two runs.
- BSC knotted the game up at six in the bottom of the second inning. With two outs in the second inning Curtis Stahlecker drove in two runs when he doubled.
- BSC took the lead for good with two runs in the third inning.
- DCTC scored four runs in the second inning. The Blue Knight's big inning was driven by a single by Marcus Biasatti, a wild pitch, and a single.
- Trever Leingang earned the win for BSC. He threw nine innings, allowing six runs, 13 hits, striking out five, and walking zero. Joel Virshek took the loss for the Blue Knights . He pitched seven innings, allowing eight runs, 12 hits, striking out three, and walking one.
- Nolan Baier, Cody Gruenhagen, Brock Woodruff, and Zoda each collected multiple hits. Baier went 3-for-4 at the plate to lead DCTC in hits.
DCTC 7 Southeast CC 8
- Even though Dakota County Technical College Blue Knights and Southeast CC both had their opportunities, it was Southeast CC that eventually prevailed 8-7 on Saturday. The game was tied at six with Southeast CC batting in the top of the ninth when Nolan Meyer singled off of Justin King, driving in two runs.
- DCTC Blue Knights collected 18 hits and Southeast CC had ten in the high-scoring affair
- After Southeast CC scored two runs in the top of the seventh, Dakota County Technical College Blue Knights answered with two of their own. Southeast CC scored when Nolan Meyer homered off of Tyler Haley, driving in one run and Masen Prosoki singled off of Haley, driving in one run. The Blue Knights then answered when Brock Woodruff singled off of Kayleb Sanderson, driving in one run and Marcus Biasatti singled off of Sanderson, driving in one run.
- Justin King took the loss for DCTC. He threw two and a third innings, giving up four runs, five hits, and striking out one.
- Haley started the game for the Blue Knights. He threw six and two-thirds innings, surrendering four runs, five hits, and striking out four.
- Home runs for Southeast CC came when Ryan Cornell homered in the fourth inning and Meyer homered in the seventh inning.
- Chad O'Hehir, Haley, Biasatti, Travis Schmidt, and Josiris DelOrbe Martinez each collected multiple hits for the Blue Knights. Haley and O'Hehir all had four hits. DCTC Knights was sure-handed and didn't commit a single error.